Electronic Travel Authorization eTA

If you're planning a trip to Canada, you may need to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) before you can enter the country. The eTA is a digital authorization that allows travelers from certain countries to enter Canada for short stays. In this article, we'll discuss what the eTA is, who needs it, and how to obtain it. What is an eTA? An eTA is a digital travel authorization that allows visitors to enter Canada for short stays (up to six months). It is not a visa and does not guarantee entry into Canada - the final decision rests with the border services officer who checks your travel documents upon arrival. Who needs an eTA? Visitors from certain countries need an eTA to enter Canada . These countries include: Australia Austria Belgium Brunei Chile Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Finland France Germany Greece Hong Kong SAR Hungary Iceland Ireland Israel Italy Japan Latvia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Malta Mexico Monaco Netherlands New Zealand Norway Papua New